- Our commitment to privacy
One Little Day Pty Limited (ABN 18 632 896 630) (referred to as we, our and us) is committed to protecting the privacy of all Personal Information that we collect from you and to complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Personal information means information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Sensitive Information has the meaning given in the Privacy Act.
Website means our website at www.onelittleday.com.au.
Where practicable, we will deal with you anonymously or under a pseudonym. However, where you do not wish to provide us with your Personal Information, you will not be able purchase our products and services.
We collect and hold Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities.
- Our purposes for handling your Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information to:
- provide you with products and services;
- promote related products and services to you;
- enable you to access information about us and our products and services;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise manage our
- Types of Personal Information we collect
We obtain Personal Information directly from customers and via our Website and from maintaining records of information provided in the course of providing products and services.
When you browse our Website
You do not have to give us any information in order to simply browse on our Website.
However, we may need to collect certain details from you if, for example, you want to place an order or make a payment for products or services.
When we provide you with products and services
To provide products and services to you, the Personal Information that we collect includes your name, email address, phone number and delivery and billing address.
- How we handle your Personal Information
We will collect and hold your Personal Information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We obtain Personal Information directly from you.
We may collect the Personal Information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when completing the registration process on our Website;
- when you place an order to purchase our products and/or services;
- when you request any information regarding our products or services in person, by phone or via our Website;
- while conducting customer satisfaction surveys;
- whilst administering any of our services; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
We may collect your Personal Information automatically through some of the following means:
- we may collect information about how you use our Website to assist us to provide you with more tailored products and services and to enable us to develop and improve our products and services;
- we may also collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access our Website to help us develop and secure our services; and
- we may use ‘cookies’ to store and sometimes track information about you, but only on an anonymous basis.
- Use and disclosure of Personal Information
We will only use and/or disclose your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles.
The primary purposes for which we use and disclose your Personal Information include:
- giving you the ability to access and use our Website;
- procedures for registering as a member of our Website;
- verifying your identity;
- providing you with our products or services;
- providing you with information in relation to the use of our products or services;
- providing quality assurance for our products and services;
- providing you with information available on our Website;
- maintaining user records;
- administering and managing our products or services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and our services;
- complying with government legislation and regulations; and
- internal management purposes, complaint handling, planning, quality assurance and audit purposes.
Specific examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Information include:
- our third party service providers (such as our third party providers of backup and data storage services, content services, website hosting services, marketing services, market research and analytical services, games and competition services, prizes, distribution and mailing services);
- our third party providers of software and services which incorporated in, or integrated or linked with, our Website;
- any purchaser or potential purchaser of our business or assets;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information we collect for a secondary purpose. A secondary purpose is one which is related to the primary purpose of collection. Some of the secondary purposes for which we may use your personal information include:
- promoting and marketing our products and services to you;
- product and service development;
- customer and market research; and
- keeping you informed of any changes to our business, products and services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
We will not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
We may use your Personal Information, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing information from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
You have a right to access your Personal Information. We will generally provide it to you but in some cases where and to the extent permitted by law, we may refuse access to some or all of that information. In those circumstances we will provide reasons.
To make a request, you will need to obtain and complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. You should contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
- Accuracy and corrections
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any Personal Information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, then please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com .
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is kept secure.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of Personal Information. This also applies to disposal of Personal Information.
In addition, we protect Personal Information by restricting access to those people who need access to do their job.
- Resolving personal information concerns
The Privacy Officer
One Little Day Pty Limited
10/160 Lytton Rd, Morningside 4170
Once a complaint has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible. We will endeavour to respond to any complaints received within 30 days.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300 363 992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last update to this document was on 1 July 2020